Launching the World’s First Festival
of Vintage French Carousels on Governors Island, NYC
Branding • Government Relations • Community Relations • Public Relations • Social Media
Web Development • Digital & Direct Marketing • Strategic Counsel • Graphic Design
Event Production • E-Commerce Partnerships
We were retained by Fete Paradiso, the world’s first festival of vintage French carnival rides and carousels, to provide strategic planning, public relations and 360-degree marketing, including a social media campaign and the creation of a website, for its American debut on Governors Island in New York Harbor.
Fete Paradiso celebrated the fabulous world of French fairs made famous at the turn of the 20th century. Collectors and artisans recreated a world where carnival-goers experienced the magic of this bygone era, breathing new life into vintage rides, games and attractions that dated back as far as the late 1800s.
With attractions including a 1900s bumper-car-pavilion-turned-beer-garden and French carnival food served by New York’s popular bistro, Le Gamin, Fete Paradiso appealed to audiences of all ages and backgrounds. The major summer attraction on Governors Island, Fete Paradiso attracted thousands of New Yorkers and tourists. The agency also provided public relations and communications services to promote The Parisian Ball, an after-hours music festival to celebrate Bastille Day with some of the world’s top DJs.
Strategy & Implementation
In crafting the Fete Paradiso brand, our team highlighted the marriage of old and new by infusing both the nostalgia and novelty of Fete’s concept into every facet of the campaign and presenting this first-ever attraction as a must-see, contemporary experience.
The agency team launched a public relations and social media blitz that included an innovative and visually compelling Tumblr site, a highly successful Facebook page, an onsite media preview attracting over 75 journalists from around the world, a direct marketing initiative that drove significant traffic to the event, and even a Fete-specific Spotify playlist.
We prepared and distributed numerous press releases and conducted media outreach to hundreds of local, national and international multi-media outlets. The team also secured a content partnership with Red Rover—a popular NYC parenting app— and implemented a Gilt City deal that sold out in 24 hours and accrued a 300-member wait list.
We generated awareness and drove attendance among key audiences.
Our team secured more than 150 media placements in key publications: The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, New York Daily News, New York Post, USA Today, The New Yorker, Conde Nast Traveler, Associated Press, Agence France-Presse, NBC, ABC, and CBS Radio.
Media placements for Fete Paradiso potentially reached more than 420 million people, with an estimated ad value of $8 million.
Media placements for The Parisian Ball potentially reached nearly 38 million people, with an estimated ad value of $1.8 million.
Our digital accomplishments included:
- Launched Fete Paradiso on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and Foursquare
- Launched feteparadiso.com and grew traffic to more than 89,000 visitors, 61,000 unique visitors, and over
- 237,000 page views
- Organically grew Facebook fan base from 0 to over 2,100. The page earned over 1.5 million impressions
- Developed and executed Facebook “Free Ride” offer, selling out in 24 hours with 100 claims
- Grew Twitter following from 0 to 250, with mentions and re-tweets from major local and national news networks
- Grew Instagram following from 0 to 332
- Engaged with Bergdorf Goodman to promote products shot at Fete, reaching their 230,000 followers
- Grew Tumblr following from 0 to 282
- Created an email database of more than 400 names
- Created media kit, including: the history of carousels and the Staub antique carnival collection; overview of attractions; biographies of Fete representatives
- Secured a marketing promotion with Gilt City—which sold out in 24 hours—with 500 offers claimed
- Secured a partnership with Red Rover—a parent app with over 68,000 users in New York City
- Secured a partnership with BizBash to raise awareness among event planners
- Created and organized the distribution of over 5000
- ‘Free Ride’ flyers, directly resulting in the conversion of 120 attendees