COVID-19 Case Study: MoMath
- Senior Advice & Counsel
- Strategic Planning
- Reputation & Crisis Management
- Digital Strategy & Marketing
- Public Relations
- Social Media Strategy & Management
- Website Development
- Community & Government Relations
GZ&A has represented the National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath), the only math Museum in North America, since its launch in December 2012. Due to the current public health crisis, the Museum temporarily has closed its doors.
GZ&A immediately developed and implemented a strategic communications and marketing plan in order to maintain MoMath’s engagement with its audiences of all ages and communicate that the Museum had transformed into a virtual cultural and educational attraction.
The agency created messaging for core constituents and media and promoted an expanding roster of online programs through public relations and social media. The agency’s strategy is focused on raising awareness and strengthening MoMath’s relationship with its growing virtual audience.
Before the Covid-19 crisis forced MoMath to temporarily close, the institutions’ leadership prudently prepared to immediately pivot to become a global, virtual museum. GZ&A created strategic messaging around the Museum’s closure announcement for all communications channels, including MoMath’s website, social media platforms, email marketing, and media relations.
The agency is raising awareness of Museum’s online programs through heavy promotion on social media. Additionally, we are drafting press releases and pitching stories about the Museum’s successful online programming to secure placements in high value media targets.
- Grew Museum’s online audience nationally and globally to all 50 U.S states and 61 countries worldwide
- Secured high engagement rates across all social media platforms:
- Facebook: 154% increase in audience reach; 184% increase in audience engagement
- Twitter: 142.5% increase in tweet impressions; 441% increase in engagement
- Building upon our ongoing media relations, we have landed additional placements, including NY1, CTV, Artnet, Time Out New York Kids, the Epoch Times, andNew Jersey Family
- Total audience reach for media placements during the current public health crisis is approximately 5.6 million