COVID-19 Case Study: Counseling in Schools
- Senior Advice & Counsel
- Strategic Planning
- Reputation & Crisis Management
- Digital Strategy & Marketing
- Public Relations
- Donor Communications
- Social Media Strategy & Management
- Website Development
For more than 30 years, Counseling In Schools (CIS) has placed staff in public schools to create and foster community-based relationships that enable New York City’s low-to-moderate income children to thrive academically, socially, and emotionally—awakening possibilities and leading to success. When the pandemic forced the learning experience in New York City’s public schools online, CIS adjusted and expanded their services to continue helping school communities in the evolving and challenging current “virtual school” environment. GZ&A was asked to raise awareness of CIS’ enhanced work and help stimulate fundraising support for their growing programming by developing and promoting key brand messages to target audiences.
As CIS transitioned and expanded their programs online, the agency created a strategic communications and marketing plan to raise awareness and increase fundraising. GZ&A met with the CIS team to develop compelling media stories, illustrating how counseling services have become even more vital to the wellbeing of the school communities they serve. The agency also created internal and external audience messaging for all CIS’s communications channels, including the website, social media, and email donor communications.
- Secured placements include Gothamist, WNYC, The 74, News 12 Brooklyn, NY1, Chalkbeat, the Brooklyn Paper, BKReader, and Bklyner.
- Total audience reach for media placements is 1.2M+
- Secured steady growth and high engagement rates across all social media platforms:
- Facebook: 154% increase in audience reach; 184% increase in audience engagement
- Twitter: 142.5% increase in tweet impressions; 441% increase in engagement
- Increased individuals donations to organization through ongoing giving campaigns